formerly TC38 "Soil-Structure Interaction" (2005-2010)
Terms of Reference
- To promote co-operation and expertise exchange within the area of soil-structure interaction and retaining walls amongst the leading research and design institutes and universities world-wide as well as amongst the largest contractors with the objective to enhance overall engineering and research expertise within this area.
- To identify examples of well-documented case histories involving soil-structure interaction.
- To analyze the case histories using various soil-structure interaction models and to compare the results with the real observations.
- To serve as an organizational support in promoting and advancement of new calculation methods in soil-structure interaction, as well as in development of related interactive monitoring and application of the observational method with possibility of adjusting design decisions during the construction process.
- To organize workshops and conferences on soil-structure interaction, and further inclusion of related sections into international (regional) scientific geotechnical conferences. To report on the results of its activities at these conferences.
- To prepare Guidelines giving recommendations for practitioners’ approach to soil-structure interaction and retaining walls problems.
Task Force 1 - Guidelines on Soil-Structure Interaction
Task Force 2 - Retaining Walls
Task Force 3 - Website of TC207